The fascinating name of The Wilderness of Manitoba are making the trek down to Austin and Southby from Toronto this year. What can we expect from them? Let’s find out…
1. Tell us a bit about the band.
We’re based out of Toronto and we’re in the process of recording our fourth album, which we’re planning to finish when we return from our current Western Canadian Tour.
2. Why have you decided to showcase to SXSW this year?
Are you kidding? It’s SXSW!!!
3. Who are your musical influences and heroes?
There’s a huge range here. From Cocteau Twins to Marvin Gaye, from Wayne Shorter to 90s slow core, we’re all over the map.
4. If our readers could listen to just one of your tracks, which track would it be and why?
Our newest song, When You Go, showcases the new directions this band is moving in. As well, Reveries En Couleur; it’s an audio journey, an exploration, it’s experimental, it’s rad.
5. Who else do you think we should be listening to at SXSW Music 2014?
Perfect Pussy! Meredith Graves can really wail.