Five Questions… will be a new series of posts here on SXSW Baby! where we reach out to the bands, performers, singers, and the stars of tomorrow, who are all playing SXSW Music Showcases this year. The same five questions to everyone, but the answers.. that’s up to them.
First up are Neulore, mixing a ‘Mumford and Sons’ sound with a nice bit of arena-friendly stomping…
1. Welcome to SXSW Baby. Tell us a bit about Neulore
We are from Nashville, TN. Been playing together for about 4 years. We have a new record coming out this year on Chopshop Records/Island Records. That’s a good start for now.. ..
2. Why have you decided to showcase to SXSW this year?
Why wouldn’t we!? We are super excited to come to SXSW. It’s our first time!
3. Who are your musical influences and heroes?
It’s all across the map. Coldplay, Radiohead, Ryan Adams, and Spoon to name a few.
4. If our readers could listen to just one of your tracks, which track would it be and why?
Shadow of a Man. It’s passionate yet still an honest story. Two things we focus on.
5. Who else do you think we should be listening to at SXSW Music 2014?
Oh man, there are so many great artists. But I heard Shakey Graves is playing. What a talented dude.
Follow Neulore at www.neulore.com, or find Neulore’s showcase details online at SXSW.